Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Promoting Women's Cricket: Experiments like Mixed Cricket On the Lines of Mixed Games in Tennis Can be Helpful


Image result for women's cricket clipart

(image courtesy: gograph.com)

I am enjoying watching the first match of the Super 10 of the ICC Women's World Twenty20 which is currently underway at the KSCA in Bengaluru between India and Bangladesh on my TV set. However, I am disappointed to see the Stadium which wears an empty look. It's very discouraging and I have a suggestion - Why not start something like Mixed Cricket, on the lines of Mixed matches in Tennis - involving 5-6 top cricketers from the women's team and same number of top players from men's team.

I am sure this is going to generate interest among more and more people and encourage them to go and watch the matches in the stadium, which in turn will do lots of good to promote women's cricket in India.

Thank you.
An avid fan of Indian Women's Cricket Team

No comments:

Post a Comment